CorrVerter® MCI® Rust Primer is a single component, fast drying, water- based primer that converts rusted surfaces to a passive layer. It provides long term corrosion protection by itself or by top-coating for extended performance. CorrVerter® MCI® is recommended for application to rusty or poorly prepared steel surfaces where further corrosion protection is required and good surface preparation is difficult to achieve. CorrVerter® MCI® is formulated to penetrate and eliminate rust as well as to protect bare metal from further rusting.
HOW IT WORKS
CorrVerter® MCI® contains a unique formulation of chelating agents combined with a high solids waterborne latex with extremely low water vapor permeability. The
combination of these materials converts the surface rust into a hydrophobic passive layer, offering a unique formulation primer with excellent protection against rerusting of metal surface.
CorrVerter® MCI® offers engineers, owners, contractors, DOTs, and other government agencies a convenient, low-labor option when performing repairs on heavily corroded rebar and other metal surfaces.
- Coated rebar has equal or better bond strength to concrete
- Converts rust quickly and can be applied under varying weather conditions
- Can be topcoated with water- or solvent-based topcoats (tannic and phosphoric acid converters can only be top-coated with solvent-based topcoats)
- Better protection against re-rusting than tannic or phosphoric acid-based converters
- Works in HCl, H2S, SO2, and CO2 vapor environments
- Water-based, non-flammable, and non-combustible
PACKAGING & STORAGE
CorrVerter® MCI® is available in 1 gallon (3.8 liter) and 5 gallon (19 liter) plastic containers. Keep product from freezing. To ensure best product performance, store in original packaging, indoors, and out of direct sunlight at 40-100 °F (4-38 °C). Shelf life: 1 year
View Product Data Sheet
View Editorials and Technical Articles
- FEATURED IN: Historic Zagreb Cathedral Restored with Cortec Featured in Coatings World Magazine!
- FEATURED IN: Cortec Anti-Corrosion Film Now with High Recycled Content Featured in PFFC Magazine!
- FEATURED IN: Historic Zagreb Cathedral restored with Cortec CorrVerter Featured in PFM Magazine!
View Safety Data Sheet